BMSCE IEEE Student Branch conducted a workshop on 3D Printing on April
27, 2017. This workshop was open for everyone. Information about the workshop
was circulated through email, WhatsApp messages, Facebook posts and posters.
This event was free for all the IEEE members and a sum of ₹50/- was charged as
registration fee from all the non-IEEE members.
The event was held at the BSN Hall, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore from 2:00 P.M. to 5:00PM. Everything proceeded as per schedule. A total of 28 students participated in the Workshop. The host of the workshop was Mr. Yashunandan Sureka, an 8th semester student in Electronics and Communication Engineering in BMS College of Engineering.
● To enlighten the students about the development of 3D Printing, its basics and its future.
● To introduce the participants to various software that are used
○ For designing (Solid works and Catia v5)
○ For obtaining the G-code for the particular model that would guide the machine to process (Kisslicer)
● Anxiousness among the students to know more about 3D Printing.
● Student/participate approached the 3-D Printing R&D lab for the practical session of the same.